The Articulated Shank™ is an innovative, new fly tying material designed to simplify the tying of articulated flies. It can be used as a simple component in single-hook and two-hook articulated streamers and poppers . It is also used for streamers that use a free-swinging stinger hook such as Intruder-style salmon and steelhead flies.
20 Shanks per pack
- Easy-and-fast tying process.
- Increases tail action.
- Increases the overall fly length.
- Reduces the leverage a hooked fish typically places on a fly.
- Eliminates the need to “sacrifice a hook” to make a shank.
- 3 Shank lengths (20mm, 35mm and 55mm)
- 20 Shanks per pack
- Typically for streamer flies 3? (7.5cm) and longer
- Wire diameter fits hook sizes starting from about #4 up to 3/0
- Will fit the Fish-Skull™ (SM, M and L sizes) and the Fish-Skull™ Sculpin Helmet
- The high strength, stainless spring steel shank can be used in saltwater