The Fish-Skull™ is a weighted head with a realistic baitfish profile that is specifically designed for tying freshwater and saltwater streamer fly patterns.
Quick-and-easy to tie, this latest fly tying innovation offers an exciting alternative to using old-style dumbbells, cones or lead wraps to weight your flies. The Fish-Skull™ has unique
design features making it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of realistic, weighted streamer patterns using natural and synthetic fly tying materials.
Realistic Baitfish Profile
* Mimics the head and gill plates of a baitfish.
* Typically “pushes more water” than traditional flies.
Innovative “Front Fitting” design
* Quick-and-Easy to tie.
* No need to use epoxy to build up a head. Top and Bottom Slots
* Allows vertical freedom of movement for the tying materials and enables broader profile flies to be tied.
Realistic 3D Eyes
* An important “trigger” for predatory game fish.
* 3D Eyes are included eliminating additional cost.
Made in the USA
Weight and finish
* Made from a lightweight metal composite, the Fish-Skull™ has a realistic size head with a large
surface area, but does not add excessive weight.
*100% Lead Free.
* Corrosion resistant in saltwater.
* Unique design feature places the center of gravity and 70% of the weight below the hook shank producing a “keeling” effect similar to a dumbbell.
* The Keel helps your fly track and orientate itself in the correct position.
* Enables the fly to be tied in the “hook up” position if desired.