The Fish-Skull® Fish-Mask is an ultra-lightweight Fish-Skull® designed for tying weightless streamers that suspend in the water column. It has a realistic baitfish head profile that includes recessed eye sockets that secure and protect the fish eyes. Molded from a crystal clear, fluoro-epoxy material, the Fish-Mask™ takes on the colors of the body materials used on the fly.
The Fish-Mask™ with its front fitting technique is quick-and-easy to tie with, and offers a simple, effective alternative to using 5-minute or light-hardening epoxies to create streamer heads.
The Fish-Mask – Winner of 2013 IFTD “Best of Show” Fly Tying Materials Award
- A weightless version of the Fish-Skull®.
- Realistic, baitfish profile.
- Perfect for suspending baitfish patterns.
- Equivalent of a pre-molded epoxy head.
- Clear, transparent color.
- Recessed eye sockets.
- Consistent size, shape and weight.
- Eight head sizes corresponding to the range of Living Eyes™ (3mm-15mm).
- Tie any streamer size from a #10 up to 8/0 hook size!
- Quick-and-easy, front-fitting tying technique.
- Easily combined with articulated shanks.
- No mess!
Q: What does the Fish-Mask™ range consist of?
A: The Fish-Mask™ range consists of 8 sizes that directly correspond to the 8 sizes of Fish-Skull® Living Eyes. These head sizes are categorized accordingly for Small , Mid-range, or Big Game/Predator size streamers. The Living Eyes are sold separately.